Good financial habits and savings plans are founded on a having minimalist approach to life, at least when it comes to money.
And it can be confussing!
On one hand, business leads and entrepreneurs alike are often heard saying "you cant cut costs to greatness".
It's their mantra to spend more and invest more to grow.
On the other hand engineers, accountants and any other like profession and occupation, hold more minimalistic values and espouse that greater efficiencies are the key to business success.
I susspect at times they even get them selves into an exhilarating state of financial bondage with the profound realisation that "the less money we spend and need,the more money that stays in our pockets, and it will last longer because we need less at the same time".
The following are ten simple ways I have found to save money and eat my cake too.
Why? Because doing so has delivered not only me but also many others I've helped make great savings but also maintain a very comfortable quality of life on the journey to achieving financial independence. Most importantly minimizing experiences of financial worry along the way.
10 simple ways I have found to save money without the need to cut back on our quality of life.
- Change transaction banking accounts and credit card fees to a nil cost/fee account/provider.
- Change lender or products if you have a home loan. Compare rates and consider benefits of changing to an offset account.
- Review your insurance providers (life & general) and compare terms & costs vs. competitors terms & costs
- Review your utility suppliers (power, phone, gas) fees and services vs. competitors.
- Apply for a commission refund if not accessing advice on your retirement accounts.
- Claim your rightful deductions in your annual tax return.
- Spend your money more in alignment with your values. Challenge your spending that’s for show.
- Automate your finances. Save on late fees. Some provides give discount for paying on time while paying on time also improves your credit rating.
- Get a money jar for all you spare change then bank it when its full.
- Take care of what you own. Saves money on maintenance and repair costs.
This post was written by Peter Horsfield, as such they are his personal views.
About Peter Horsfield
Peter Horsfield in an Authorised Representative and Investsure Holdings Pty Ltd ABN 16 050 286 630 as trustee for Horsfield Family Trust ABN 55 609 068 513 is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Infocus Securities Australia Pty Ltd ABN 47 097 797 049 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence No. 236523.
Successful people have this over their rivals; they know why, where and how to reach their goals sooner.
- Are you on track?
- How much do you need?
- How long will it take?
- What are my risks?
Because action beats intention every time!
Venue: In Person or online
Duration: 60 minutes.
Our Guarantee: If you don't experience greater clarity, confidence & certainty about your money and what to do, you wont pay us a cent.